Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Springtime







Jacket (thrifted - no label)
Elizabeth and James Silk Dress (ebay)
Seychelles Boots
Pendleton Bag (consigment)

Over at Creamer's Field again, the crews just started plowing the snow to it will melt a little quicker because the first geese of the season were spotted just last week.  This is a major stop in their migration and in the springtime this field it filled with geese and sand hill cranes.  We actually have a pair of sand hill cranes that spends every summer on our property, they're serious jerks to the few ducks that hang out on the pond! Always chasing them around and harassing them.  

Izzy and I saw two snowshoe hares yesterday, we were playing around in the woods and two hares came racing out of the underbrush, chasing each other around.  (It's that season...)  I know they get into the garden but I really like having wild rabbits around, there was always a ton of wild rabbits on the mountain at Crown Point so seeing them makes me a little nostalgic.  I had two bunny as a little girl and being super orginal with names, named them Aunt Shirley and Uncle Tom.  One day the neighbor's wolves broke into the  bunny pen and while Aunt Shirley escaped, Uncle Tom wasn't as lucky.  I remember bursting into the house, "Uncle Tom's dead!  Uncle Tom's dead!" and there being some confusion.  I didn't name any pets after family members after that.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha, oh man, I can just imagine the confusion over that xD Yeah, naming pets after family members may not be best.
    Anyway, is it just my imagination or does it look sunnier there? That, or it's just your lovely spring dress distracting me. I love floral prints so much, this one is just so pretty <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how "spring" means there's still snow..pretty much the story here in my city too!!

    anyway, love the look!! the bag is totally rad!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so glad to hear back from you, lovely. I had wondered if I had done something to offend you, so I'm glad it was only a slow internet issue and nothing else. XD

    You look perfect, per usual. Your hair is still adorable and the green is a fresh color for the season. Keep it up!

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ring you're wearing! Also, the dress. It's so springy and pretty :) Your rabbit story's great too! I raised several rabbits in my teens--super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it seems so cold! I'm glad it's finally Spring here in Prague! You look lovely in the photos! xx

    wildflowerofprague.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  6. i adore those shoes, jacket, & dress! i wish i could see the hares. were they too quick for you to snap photos? i actually have an uncle tom & aunt shirley. for real

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, I'm sorry but that was funny (the part about names, I mean) :D poor bunny though.. and gosh, when will this snow vanish?! it looks like spring, yes but the snow ruins everything. so good luck with that. by the way, I love those beautiful birches! birch is such a pretty tree. oh and your outfit is awesome too. the jacket, this fabulous dress and your good old booties I remember from earlier posts. and I still hope true spring will get to you soon, Katie!!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)